THE REPRESENTATION YOU NEED IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY
Windsor Divorce Lawyer
A divorce can be a mentally and emotionally exhausting process. It is normal to feel overwhelmed by the prospect of ending your marriage. Along with the emotional toll of a divorce comes confusing legal processes that you must navigate. The best way to save yourself time, stress and money is by hiring an experienced Windsor divorce lawyer to look out for your best interests.
The attorneys at The Law Office of Stephen Vertucci, LLC can help you overcome obstacles in your divorce case. We will guide you through the divorce process while making sure that you have everything you need during this difficult time.
Why Hire Stephen Vertucci, LLC?
- We have successfully represented hundreds of clients in difficult and complicated divorce cases over the years. We are proven and reputable divorce attorneys in Windsor.
- We will put your family and goals first in every decision that we make. Our Fort Collins divorce lawyers practice child-focused legal representation.
- Our lawyers will simplify the divorce process for you, providing high-quality representation without the legal jargon. Let us take care of the complex legal aspects of your divorce.
Divorce Requirements in Windsor, CO
Getting divorced is an emotionally charged time. However, it is also a complicated legal process that comes with distinct rules and regulations that both parties must follow. A few general divorce requirements are:
- Grounds for the divorce. Colorado is a no-fault state, which means that the only grounds on which you can base a divorce is that your marriage is irretrievably broken.
- Colorado residency requirement. You can only file for divorce in Windsor if you or your spouse has been a resident of Colorado for at least 91 days prior. If you and your spouse share children, they must have resided in Colorado for at least 181 days prior. Exceptions are available for military members who are stationed in the state.
- Divorce waiting period. After you file your initial paperwork in Colorado and the papers are served on your spouse, state law imposes a waiting period of 91 days before the courts will finalize your divorce.
You can only finalize a dissolution of marriage in Colorado if you comply with these rules and fulfill all of the legal requirements. It can be easier to navigate Colorado’s divorce laws when you are represented by a knowledgeable attorney.
Divorce Matters We Handle
At The Law Office of Stephen Vertucci, LLC, our divorce lawyers in Windsor are prepared to take on any elements that your case may contain. We can handle all of the following divorce matters, and more:
- Child custody
- Child relocation
- Child support
- High-asset divorce
- Legal separation
- Modification requests
- Prenuptial or postnuptial agreements
- Property division
- Protective orders and emergency orders
- Spousal maintenance/alimony
Clients have trusted our Windsor divorce lawyers with their most complex divorce cases for years. We are committed to providing comprehensive legal representation that effectively addresses your needs.
Steps to Take When Filing for Divorce
- Consult with an attorney before filing for divorce. An attorney can give you sound legal advice to get started, especially if you are in a domestic violence situation.
- Download, print or obtain the correct divorce and family law forms. Fill them out and submit them to the Town of Windsor Municipal Court.
- Pay the required fee to file your divorce case or submit the paperwork to request a fee waiver. Then, serve the divorce summons on your spouse or have a professional do so for you.
- If possible, work out a divorce settlement agreement with your spouse during the waiting period. You can use tools such as the court’s self-help resources or mediation to reach a settlement.
- Go to trial. If you and your spouse cannot compromise on a divorce settlement, hire a lawyer to represent you in divorce court in Windsor.
Call a Windsor Divorce Lawyer Today
Depending on the facts of your case, a divorce can be extremely complex and emotionally taxing – but you don’t have to go through it alone. Contact The Law Office of Stephen Vertucci, LLC, to speak to a Windsor, Colorado divorce lawyer who can get you through this difficult time with as little stress as possible. Call (970) 900-1800 today to request a consultation.