Experienced Family
Law Attorneys
Get Started Today

Our Blog

Legal Team

Five Mistakes to Avoid During Your Separation

Colorado does not require a period of separation before spouses can file for divorce, but many spouses separate before making the leap to a divorce. When a couple makes the decision that a divorce may be the solution for them, they almost always separate first—either to experience life apart before making the final decision or…

Legal Team

Can You Get an Annulment If Your Marriage Was Based on Fraud?

Updated Jan 2024 A marriage should be entered into by two people who have all of the information they need to make an informed decision about the union. Unfortunately, some people enter into marriages under misconceptions borne from deceit, misrepresentation and fraud from the other party. These marriages are invalid in the State of Colorado….

Legal Team

What’s the Difference Between Divorce, Dissolution and Legal Separation?

You have multiple options for ending your marriage in Colorado. Divorce is not your only avenue. The family courts in Colorado also offer other solutions, such as legal separation. Understanding the difference between divorce, dissolution and legal separation can help you choose the right option for you. Divorce vs. Dissolution Divorce and dissolution of marriage…

Legal Team

When Does Spousal Support End in Colorado?

Spousal support is a court-ordered arrangement in which one spouse of a divorce pays another – either in a lump sum or monthly payments. A judge in Colorado may award spousal support during a divorce case that involves an income disparity between the spouses. If one spouse stayed at home to care for the kids…

Legal Team

Different Types of Separation: Trial, Permanent and Legal Separation

If the tension in your relationship becomes more than just a rough patch, separation might be a positive choice for your family. Separation is not divorce. You and your spouse will remain legally married, with all the benefits that come with a marriage on paper. However, separation may impact matters such as finances and legal…

1 2 3 5
Contact Us to Request a Consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.