Experienced Family
Law Attorneys
Get Started Today

Our Blog

Legal Team

Prenup Property Title Versus Ownership

A prenuptial agreement in Colorado allows couples to keep their separate assets as separate property during the marriage and predetermines the distribution of their marital assets should the marriage end in divorce. A well-executed prenuptial agreement drafted during a time when spouses are at their best in the relationship not only protects both spouses in…

Legal Team

Do You Get Your Heirloom Ring Back During a Divorce?

There’s nothing more visually and emotionally beautiful than an heirloom diamond engagement ring or wedding ring set passed from one generation in a family to the next. Wearing a family heirloom ring is a loving tribute, but what happens when circumstances change and spouses decide to go their separate ways? Does the spouse who offered…

Legal Team

How to Divide Collectibles in a Divorce

Like many states, Colorado requires an equitable division of marital property during divorce. This law requires spouses to divide their marital property in a way that’s fair to both spouses if not exactly 50/50. Marital property in Colorado includes any assets or property the spouses acquire during the marriage, regardless of whose name is on…

Legal Team

Can I Travel Internationally With My Child Under a Colorado Divorce Order?

With the relaxation of COVID restrictions, international travel increased by 50% in 2022 compared to 2021. Families are enjoying adventurous vacations after a few years of sticking close to home, including international vacations. Planning an international trip is always more complex than domestic travel but for divorced and blended families, a child custody agreement in…

Legal Team

What is a Gray Divorce?

Divorce is never easy, but when spouses over the age of 50 divorce after decades of marriage, it’s not only emotionally difficult, but it also comes with significant legal challenges. Many people refer to divorces that take place later in life as “gray divorces.” It’s never too late to begin a new life and for…

1 2 3 24
Contact Us to Request a Consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.